August 23, 2013

2013–14 Season: Thomas Rodgers Recommends

"In the RPO's 2013–14 season, I am especially looking forward to our concerts with Maestro Christoph Campestrini and Barry Snyder on November 7 and 9.

"Maestro Campestrini conducted my very first RPO concert in March of 2012, and I really enjoyed playing under him. I am excited that he will be working with us again.

"I was fortunate to get the opportunity to play some chamber music with Barry Snyder several months ago, and he is such a wonderful musician/pianist and person. I am looking forward to hearing him again."

--Thomas Rodgers, Violin


Mozart & Tchaikovsky
Nov. 7 and 9; Christoph Campestrini, guest conductor; Barry Snyder, piano

Program:
STRAVINSKY The Fairy’s Kiss: Divertimento
MOZART  Piano Concerto No. 23 in A Major, K. 488
TCHAIKOVSKY  Symphony No. 5

Listen to Van Cliburn silver medalist (and Eastman School of Music Professor) Barry Snyder perform Ravel's Gaspard de la nuit, "Scarbo":

No comments: